“What are some practical ways that a leader can Value Relationships within their Team?”
If Values Relationships is a critical element in our SERVE Model of leadership, then the question is, “What are some practical ways that a leader can Value Relationships within their Team?” And the answer is, “It takes time.” Leaders must make time to invest in their Team.
The following are some practical suggestions. Some require more time than others. But the time invested can produce spiritual growth in the Team members and improved performance by the team.
- Pray for the Team members by name once a week.
- Begin service times with a Team meeting that involves prayer for the Team and those they will serve. Pre-service Team meetings are critical for reminding the Team of GNG’s Purpose and building camaraderie. It’s also a great time for prayer requests.
- Randomly engage different Team members in conversations about the ministry and why it’s important.
- Send notes or cards of encouragement and thanks for their service.
- Have periodic Team meetings that address the Team’s purpose, it’s standard operating procedures, and any issues or problems.
- Celebrate a job well done. Have an appreciation lunch or dinner for your Team.
God has blessed us with an incredible number of highly dedicated and incredibly skilled leaders and volunteers. If we Value Relationships, there is no limit to the impact we can have for Christ.
The Only Thing Limiting GNG’s Future Is The Number Of Leaders We Can Develop.